Sail Canada certified instructors will be teaching CANSail I,II. Each CANSail level takes approximately 20 hours to complete or 8 nights on average. Adept students have been able to complete multiple levels in this time frame.
No boat or experience required! Students learn on our fleet of Laser sailboats, Hobbie Waves, and Wayfarers.
- Excellent Instructor certified to CANSail Level IV
- CANSail I/II member discount off course cost or applied to a new membership
- Evaluation according to the CYA CANSail checklist in a step by step process.
- Results recorded on-line and portable to other training programs run through the CYA.
- Relaxed cottage setting.
What do I need to bring?
- Be prepared to get wet! You'll be spending 90% of our time on the water.
- Change of clothes, towel and wind breaker advised
- Bring a life jacket
- Must be comfortable swimming with a life jacket
- CANSail I/II use Basic Sailing Skills book
ADULT TRAINING (evenings)
CANSail 1 and CANSail 2: Acquisition of fundamental skills
- Mondays and Fridays, May 30 to June 24, 2022 inclusive, 6-9pm.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 31 to June 23, 2022 inclusive, 6-9pm.