LDSC Adult training:
- CYA certified instructors will be teaching CANSail I,II. Each CANSail level takes approx 20 hours to complete or 8 nights on average. Adept students have been able to complete multiple levels in this time frame.
- No boat required: Uses our Laser sailboats, Hobbie Wave, and Wayferer.
- Excellent Instructor certfied to CANSail Level IV
- CANSail I/II member discount off course cost or applied to a new membership
- Evaluation according to the CYA CANSail checklist in a step by step process.
- Results recorded on-line and portable to other training programs run through the CYA.
- Be prepared to get wet. Change of clothes, towel and wind breaker advised
- Bring a life jacket
- Should be comfortable swimming with a life jacket.
Optional text books are available separately from the OSA bookshop
CANSail I/II use Basic Sailing Skills book.
Why take sail training at LDSC?
- Great instructor teaching the latest CYA Standards
- Best location and clubhouse setting for dinghy sailing
- No boats or experience required.