Established in 1966 to provide dinghy and cat sailors in the Ottawa region a venue for small boat sailing, the Lac Deschênes Sailing Club (LDSC) is a not-for-profit volunteer organization that offers a unique sailing experience and a family friendly, cottage atmosphere. Today, the Club features beach launching for dry sailed dinghies and cats as well as wet moorings for 22 keel boats.
Nestled in Shirelys Bay, the Club offers superb sailing conditions and protection from the typically northwest winds that come down the Ottawa River. Setup and launching is convenient and comfortable.
LDSC has much to offer all levels of sailors – ranging from kids sail camp to junior and adult training programs. We offer professional sailing programs with dedicated instructors who provide instruction from beginner through to advanced levels. Adults are often coached one on one by volunteer club members to fast-track new members into sailing and racing.
With access to all club facilities, including the clubhouse, the boat launch, the tender storage space, the mooring field, plus a robust social program and guest privileges our members also receive discounts from club facility rates and our junior learn to sail program. Another member benefit includes reciprocal inter-club privaleges with the Nepean Sailing Club and the Britannia Yacht Club.
LDSC offers a unique sail training program for both adults and youths. From half day Introduction to Sailing for the whole family to basic Cansail training and Cansail racing skill development.
The 2019 training dates are as follows:
· June 3 to 28: Adult CanSail I/II Intro to Sailing Monday and Friday evenings
· June 4 to 27: Adult CanSail I/II Intro to Sailing Tuesday and Thursday evenings
· June 28 to July 5th: Youth CanSail I/II Intro to Sailing Camp Weekdays (No class July 1nd)
· July 9 to 20th: Youth CanSail III/IV Advanced skills Camp Weekdays
· July 23 to 27th: Youth CanSail I/II Intro to Sailing Camp
- July 29th to Aug 9th Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Evenings.